The first conference in the series “Current Trends in Radiophysics” (Актуальные Проблемы Радиофизики) was held in Tomsk State University in 2006 in conjunction with celebration 80th anniversary of the radioelectronics chair – the oldest chair at the department of radiophysics. The conference was chaired by academician Vyacheslav Buznik, who graduated from the chair in 1967. Based on the success of the meeting which was attended by 160 experts from Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Israel and Czech Republic, it was decided to hold such conferences at TSU biannually. However, the fifth conference was held in 2013 (a year earlier) in conjunction with 60th anniversary of the radiophysics department and was attended by 483 participants including scientists from Belarus, Egypt, Israel, China, Kazakhstan, Canada, Poland, USA, France, Ukraine and Japan. The topics covered by the conference of CTRP series include:
- Radio wave physics: radiation, reception and application.
- Electronics and electrodynamics microwave, UHF and HFO.
- Solid-state electronics, micro- and nanoelectronics.
- Laser and electro-optical systems: design, development, application.
- Quantum electronics and photonics.
- Information technology in the study of complex structures.
- Solar-terrestrial physics and physical environment.
- Modern problems of technology and training in the field of radio physics, radio and optics.
- The interaction of electromagnetic radiation with matter.
The exhibition of devices, systems and technologies in radiophysics and radioelectronics was first held at the 4th CTRP conference in 2002 and became annual event since then.
In 2017 CTRP conference will be held as an affiliated event with NGC2017.